The role of the Accountant involves recording the daily financial transactions, reconciliation of accounting reports and filing the record of financial transactions.
- Records and documents financial transactions by entering account information i.e., pass journal entries
- Reconcile the journal entries with bank statements.
- Pass adjusting entries on month & year end.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.